NIH IDeA Western Regional Conference
Registration for the Western Region IDeA Conference is now open.
Conference Dates: Monday evening, October 12 - Wednesday, October 14
Conference Location: The Coeur d'Alene Resort in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Grant Writing Workshop: On Monday, before the conference, we will be hosting an all-day grant writing workshop to be presented by Grant Writers' Seminars and Workshops, LLC
Conference and Writing Workshop fees:
• Students - $200, including conference and writing workshop
• Post-docs/staff/other - $250, including conference and writing workshop
• Faculty NOT attending writing workshop - $250
• Faculty attending conference AND writing workshop - $300
• Faculty/Post-docs/staff/students attending writing workshop but NOT conference - $50 - Do NOT register for the conference - go directly to step #2 below to pay your workshop registration fees.
• Late registration fee - $300 for all attendees who register after August 31, 2015.
Three steps to a complete conference registration:
1. Go to https://register.eventmobi.com/nihideawestern2015/page/1 and follow the prompts.
2. Pay registration fees based on attendee type at https://marketplace.uidaho.edu/C20272_ustores/web/store_main.jsp?STOREID=70&SINGLESTORE=true
3. Reserve a hotel room by calling (844) 887-9585. Be sure to mention the NIH IDeA Western Regional Conference, group code WIDEA.
The special conference room rates are valid from Sunday through Thursday (Wednesday night). The rates for the conference are:
- - $139 for the lake tower
- - $109 for the park tower
- - $99 for the north wing
Poster Information: The poster session will be Tuesday morning, October 13, at 10:00 am
Please note that this formal poster session scheduled for Tuesday morning is for Undergraduate and Graduate student presenters ONLY.
Conference organizers invite poster abstract submissions from undergraduate and graduate students. All abstracts will be reviewed and accepted for presentation based on scientific quality and space availability. Complete poster guidelines and evaluation criteria can be found here.
- - Deadline for abstract submission: Monday, August 31, 2015.
- - Please submit abstracts to Whitney Floch at email@example.com using the abstract submission form
Informal Non-Student Poster Presentation for faculty, post-docs, and staff
All faculty, post-docs, and staff (NOT students) are welcome to augment their networking by bringing a scientific poster. These non-student posters will be displayed on the walls the entire time of the conference for informal viewing. Please, do NOT submit an abstract. Thank you to Dr. Chris von Bartheld (NV COBRE) for conceiving this late-breaking opportunity.
The conference includes three topic tracks: scientific, programmatic, and student. Participants are welcome to attend any session.
- The scientific track includes 16 speakers presenting vibrant research and representing seven Western IDeA states.
- The programmatic track offers staff and faculty unique opportunities to share best practices and to network.
- The student track offers professional development, higher education advice, and career path information.
- There will be a student poster competition for undergraduate and graduate students.
- “The Business of Science” session offers insights on transferring solutions from the laboratory bench to the marketplace and developing your entrepreneurial spirit.
- - To use website features such as personalized agendas and conference messaging, login to the website in the upper right hand corner using the same email address you used to register for the conference.
- - For up-to-date conference information, use our conference app!
- 1) Find our conference app in your app store!
- 2) The conference app can be added to your device's home screen by navigating to the Conference website in your browser and then saving to the home screen (according to your operating system).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Question: What airport do I use to get to Coeur d'Alene, ID?
Answer: You will use Spokane International Airport (GEG) which is located in Spokane, Washington. The drive from Spokane to Coeur d'Alene is about 30 minutes. Conference participants will need to arrange their own transportation to/from the conference. You may either rent a car at the airport or reserve a spot with the Resort's shuttle service. To contact the resort shuttle service, email firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call Brandon McMartin at 1-800-688-5253 (ext. 7124). The shuttle is $69/person for a roundtrip 'ticket'.
Question: I am bringing a guest to one or more of the meals during the conference. How do I pay for their meals?
Answer: We are offering a Meal Pass for guests. The cost of the Meal Pass is $90 and includes 5 meals, two breakfasts (10/13 and 10/14), two lunches (10/13 and 10/14), and the Conference banquet on Tuesday evening (10/13). To purchase a Meal Pass, click here. You will be asked to enter the name of the guest and your credit card information. This guest will receive a name badge for the conference which will allow them access to the meals.
Question: I am unable to attend the conference but I already paid registration fees. How do I get a refund?
Answer: We will refund 100% of your registration fees through August 31, 2015. If an emergency or illness occurs on or after September 1, please contact Whitney Floch to discuss refund options.
Question: I am paying registration fees for more than one person. How is this documented in the payment system?
Answer: On the last payment page (after you have entered in credit card information), please use the text box at the top to enter in the LAST NAMES ONLY of the people you are paying registration fees for. If the character limit doesn’t allow you to write all the names, please email Whitney Floch so she can document the rest of the attendee information.
Question: I’m trying book rooms with the “WIDEA” promo code and the Coeur d’Alene Resort webpage is telling me “There are no rooms available on the days you selected”. What do I do?
Answer: Please access the group room block by clicking here. Please remember: The link provided above will only be helpful if you are booking lodging for the nights of October 12 and 13. If you try to book more than those two nights, the system will tell you that there is no availability. If you are interested in arriving a day early and/or staying a day later, please call the hotel at the number provided above to make your reservation.
For ANY other questions or concerns contact Whitney Floch (email@example.com; 208-885-2097) or Linda Liou (firstname.lastname@example.org; 208-885-5373).