- This event has passed.
IDeA Western Regional Conference
October 18, 2017 - October 20, 2017
Dear IDeA Colleagues:
Registration is now open for the 2017 NIH IDeA Western Regional Conference, October 18 – 20, in Jackson Hole, WY!
5th NIH IDeA Western Regional Conference
October 18-20, 2017
Snow King Resort, Jackson WY
Registration is now open for the 2017 NIH IDeA Western Regional Conference, October 18 – 20, in Jackson Hole, WY.
To Register: 2-STEP PROCESS
Both steps must be completed to be considered ‘registered’.
– To book your hotel rooms: CLICK HERE
– To access online agenda: CLICK HERE
– Conference Website: CLICK HERE
1 Day Grant Writers Workshop- NIH R01/R15 Writing Workshop: ‘Write Winning NIH Grant Proposals”. $100 fee- includes $75 NIH writing workbook and lunch, Dr. Lauren Broyles, Grant Writers LLC.
½ Day Bioinformatics Workshop- Have you ever wondered how scientists generate those interesting figures in scientific papers? It is often accomplished not in Excel, but through using informatics tools such as R. R is one of the most common and powerful statistics and graphing computer languages used in the sciences. This half-day workshop will introduce you to a range of visualization routines in R. The workshop is limited to 25 participants to ensure an intimate learning environment. This workshop is open to undergraduate and graduate students, postdocs, staff, and faculty on a first-come, first-served basis. $35 fee, activities, bioinformatics keynote speaker Dent Earl, lunch included.
OPENING RECEPTION WITH STUDENT POSTER SESSION
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Dr. Jonathan Eisen, UC-David Genome Center. “The Microbiome”. See Jonathan in Action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27lMmdmy-b8
Talks/panels for students, faculty, and staff including:
- 15 science talks representing each of the 7 states in the Western IDeA Region
- “Ending Native American Health Disparities” ½ day session with keynote, scientist and community member panels, investigator presentations
- Dr. Rafael Luna- NRMN, “Scientific Storytelling”
- Dr. Elizabeth Ofili- Director NRMN Research Resources and Outreach Core
- Entrepreneurship Panel
- Mentoring Panel
- Council on Undergraduate Research
- Professional Etiquette
- Programmatic Sessions
- Networking Opportunities
- Updates from NIH, NAIPI, SEPA
If you have questions don’t hesitate to contact me. We look forward to seeing everyone there.
R. Scott Seville, Ph.D.
Director NIH NIGMS IDeA Wyoming INBRE
Professor of Zoology and Physiology
University of Wyoming- Casper
125 College Drive
Casper, WY 82601