The INBRE Industry Internship program broadens undergraduate student experiences in industry laboratories, local biotechnology companies, or hospital facilities. The 10-week/400-hour summer experience is often the best choice for geographically-bound students with academic potential who do not have access to a research university. The laboratory bench or field experience with tutelage by expert professionals give students needed skills and practice in laboratory and scientific techniques. It also provides professional development in the modern business world.
Since 2003, the Idaho INBRE program has developed industry internships across the state. These partnerships vary depending upon the location of the institution of higher education. Institutions with on-going developed industry internships are the College of Southern Idaho, North Idaho College, Boise State University, and the University of Idaho.
The industry internship program is a competitive process that makes a holistic match between the industry, the student and the institution.
For application information, please contact the following:
Boise State University
Tracy Yarnell, email@example.com
College of Southern Idaho
Megan Jacobson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Rice Doetsch, ARiceDoetsch@csi.edu
North Idaho College
Rhena Cooper, TRCooper@NIC.EDU
University of Idaho
Ashley Bogar, email@example.com
Industry Partners include:
- Blue Water Technologies, Hayden
- Outotec, Coeur d’Alene
- Amalgamated Research LLC, Twin Falls
- Accurate Testing Labs, Coeur d’Alene
- Neibling Environmental Consulting, Twin Falls
- ALK Source Materials, Post Falls
- Medicine Man Pharmacy, Coeur d’Alene
- Artisan Labs, Hansen
- Kootenai Health, Coeur d’Alene
- Bonner General Health, Sandpoint
- Coeur d’Alene Cellars, Coeur d’Alene
- Pend d’Oreille Winery, Sandpoint
- Alcyone Therapeutics Inc., Moscow
- Burst Biologics, Boise
- Lake City Animal Hospital, Coeur d’Alene
- Glanbia Foods, Twin Falls
- Idaho Department of Environmental Quality, Twin Falls
- Idaho Department of Environmental Quality, Coeur d’Alene
- Idaho Fish and Game, Twin Falls
- Idaho Fish and Game, Coeur d’Alene
- Twin Falls County Pest Abatement District, Twin Falls
- USDA Soils Research Lab, Kimberly
- Coeur d’Alene Wastewater, Coeur d’Alene
- Coeur d’Alene Tribe Lake Management, Coeur d’Alene
- Kootenai Environmental Alliance, Coeur d’Alene
- Fernan Lake Water Quality, Fernan Lake
- Hayden Lake Floating Wetlands, Hayden
- Twin Falls Waste Water Treatment Plant – CH2M, Twin Falls
- Idaho Food Quality Assurance Lab, Twin Falls
Idaho INBRE and Idaho National Laboratory have collaborated to expand opportunities for Industry Interns in Idaho. To access the program opportunities at INL please click below.
Are you interested in developing an industry internship at your institution?
If so, download-the-white-sheet. For more information, contact Professor Rhena Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org.