INBRE Student Travel Grant Policy
Who may apply?
If you are a University of Idaho undergraduate or graduate student pursuing biomedical research or if you are an INBRE-funded student working in a UI lab, you are eligible to apply for an Idaho INBRE Student Travel Grant. In order to apply, you must:
1. Be presenting a poster or giving an oral presentation at a regional or national conference in the US. INBRE cannot pay for any international travel.
2. Present research related to the biomedical community
3. Have not received travel grant support from INBRE within the last 6 calendar months*
4. Submit your application to INBRE at least 60 days prior to the first date of your conference (please submit application early enough to avoid late registration fees.)
5. Agree to cite INBRE in your presentation or on your poster if you receive INBRE travel support (inbre.uidaho.edu/cite-inbre/)
*Students applying for an INBRE Student Travel Grant may only receive ONE award per calendar year. Students are not eligible to receive more than 3 INBRE Student Travel Grants during their tenure at the University of Idaho.
**Awards are limited to $750.
Decisions for student funding are based on eligibility of students and the availability of funds. Preference will be given to first-time applicants for an INBRE travel award.
How do I apply?
If you agree to and meet the above conditions, please complete the application package attached below. Email your completed packages to firstname.lastname@example.org or you drop them off at the Idaho INBRE Office in the Mines Building Room 320.