Postdoctoral Fellowships at UI
The Idaho INBRE Program is accepting applications from University of Idaho faculty for postdoctoral fellowships. Funding is designed to support biomedical research that will lead to the submission of competitive National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other grant proposals. The funding period will be July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013.
AMOUNT OF AWARD:
Funds will be awarded in the amount of $35,000 + fringe and may only be used to hire a postdoctoral fellow in a biomedical research program. Funds are allocated to support the postdoctoral fellow for one year with the opportunity to renew for up to one additional year, based on progress. The INBRE Program expects to fund up to two post-docs per year starting in July 2012, contingent on NIH funding.
An applicant must be a faculty member at the University of Idaho conducting biomedical research that relates to Idaho INBRE’s broad scientific theme of “cell signaling.” Approved research assurance protocols must be in place prior to receiving funding.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please provide the following information to Leslie Thompson, Statewide Program Manager at email@example.com no later than May 1, 2012.
1. One-page letter of application that includes the following information:
- PI name, post-doc name (if known) and information on the PI’s surrent research and progress
- How funding for a post-doc will benefit your research program.
- Your timeline to submit and NIH (or equivalent) proposal.
2. 250 word abstract of your current biomedical research that relates to Idaho INBRE’s theme of “cell signaling”. This is not part of the one-page limit of Item 1 and should be submitted on a separate document.
3. Current Biosketch for the PI and post-doc.
Grant applications will be reviewed and considered based on the potential for new NIH and/or other funding. Applications will be externally evaluated and all applicants will be notified of the award decision. For additional information, please contact Leslie D. Thompson, Statewide Program Manager at (208) 885-7832 or firstname.lastname@example.org.