The President’s Research Transfer Ticket Application is NOW OPEN!
Applications due: Accepted until positions are filled
Decisions announced: Within 6 weeks of application
The University of Idaho (UI) President is offering a Research Transfer Ticket of $5,400 to first-time undergraduate students transferring to UI. This opportunity will enhance both the STEM education and resume of the student through a transformative research experience.
Students transferring to UI from the following schools are eligible: North Idaho College, The College of Western Idaho, The College of Southern Idaho, The College of Eastern Idaho, Lewis-Clark State College, The College of Idaho, Northwest Nazarene University, Boise State University, Brigham Young University-Idaho, Idaho State University. The award will match the transferring undergraduate student with a STEM UI faculty research mentor of the student’s choosing. The award pays the student to do research in the laboratory during both the Fall and Spring semesters.
Program Starts: First day of UI Fall Semester 2022, Spring Semester 2023, Fall Semester 2023, Spring Semester 2024
Program Ends: After two semesters or $5,400 of pay (whichever is 1st).
Pay Rate: $18/hour – 10 hours/week – 15 weeks/semester for a maximum of $5,400
Steps to Apply:
- Choose three University of Idaho Faculty Mentors whose projects interest you from the link: University of Idaho Fellows Mentors and list three on your application.
- Obtain your most recent college transcripts (unofficial copy is OK!); save the transcript as a PDF and upload it to your application. Please NO pdf ‘binders’ or password-protected files.
- Complete the application questions.
- Hit Submit.
The President’s Research Transfer Ticket is competitive. The number of applications we receive will exceed the available ‘tickets’. NO incomplete will be considered.
How are students selected for a Research Transfer Ticket?
The selection process is rigorous. Students submit an application that includes written answers, their GPA, and their college transcript(s). Requirements for being a winner: 1) Students must currently be enrolled at an institution in Idaho. 2) Students must be an undergraduate, transferring to the UI for the first-time.
Criteria to choose winners are considered all together and are not listed in any order:
- Interest in biomedical/STEM research
- Academic record, including science courses taken and GPA
- Previous experience with the Idaho INBRE Program
- Current institution – with consideration for geographic location
- Educational STEM goals.
If you have questions, contact the INBRE office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-885-5373