The President’s Research Transfer Ticket Application is NOW OPEN!
Applications due: Accepted until positions are filled
Decisions announced: Within 6 weeks of application
The University of Idaho (UI) President is offering a Research Transfer Ticket of $5,400 to first-time undergraduate students transferring to UI. This opportunity will enhance both the STEM education and resume of the student through a transformative research experience.
Students transferring to UI from the following schools are eligible: North Idaho College, The College of Western Idaho, The College of Southern Idaho, The College of Eastern Idaho, Lewis-Clark State College, The College of Idaho, Northwest Nazarene University, Boise State University, Brigham Young University-Idaho, Idaho State University. The award will match the transferring undergraduate student with a STEM UI faculty research mentor of the student’s choosing. The award pays the student to do research in the laboratory during both the Fall and Spring semesters.
Program Starts: First day of UI Fall Semester 2022, Spring Semester 2023, Fall Semester 2023, Spring Semester 2024
Program Ends: After two semesters or $5,400 of pay (whichever is 1st).
Pay Rate: $18/hour – 10 hours/week – 15 weeks/semester for a maximum of $5,400
Steps to Apply:
- Choose three University of Idaho Faculty Mentors whose projects interest you from the link: University of Idaho Fellows Mentors and list three on your application.
- Obtain your most recent college transcripts (unofficial copy is OK!); save the transcript as a PDF and upload it to your application. Please NO pdf ‘binders’ or password-protected files.
- Complete the application questions.
- Hit Submit.
The President’s Research Transfer Ticket is competitive. The number of applications we receive will exceed the available ‘tickets’. NO incomplete applications will be considered.
How are students selected for a Research Transfer Ticket?
The selection process is rigorous. Students submit an application that includes written answers, their GPA, and their college transcript(s). Requirements for being a winner: 1) Students must currently be enrolled at an institution in Idaho. 2) Students must be an undergraduate, transferring to the UI for the first-time.
Criteria to choose winners are considered all together and are not listed in any order:
- Interest in biomedical/STEM research
- Academic record, including science courses taken and GPA
- Previous experience with the Idaho INBRE Program
- Current institution – with consideration for geographic location
- Educational STEM goals.
If you have questions, contact the INBRE office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-885-5373.