The STEM Trainee program is a collaboration between Idaho INBRE and the Idaho STEM Action Center. The program offers research experiences to current Freshmen and Sophomores at Boise State University, Idaho State University, Lewis-Clark State College, and the University of Idaho.
- Freshman or Sophomore STEM Majors will be paid to do research in an academic laboratory at Boise State University, Idaho State University, Lewis-Clark State College, or the University of Idaho during the spring semester 2020.
- Students will earn $15/hour for up to 10 hours/week for a maximum of $2250 for the semester.
- Mentors will receive $750 for supplies for the semester.
- Funding comes from the STEM Action Center and will be paid one time in February 2020.
- Application is by Mentor nomination for students to work in the Mentor’s lab.
- Nominated students must be Idaho residents who have graduated from an Idaho high school.
- Students can be funded ONE time by this opportunity
- Students and Mentors are encourage but not required to attend the Summer INBRE Research Conference in July, 2020. Poster presentations are not required.
- Selections will be completed by December 2020.
Deadline for applications is November 1, 2019.
The application is available at https://idahoinbre.embark.com/apply/2020stem