- Name: Mary A. Nies, Ph.D.
- Institution: Idaho State University
- Department: Division of Health Sciences, Nursing
- Phone: 208-282-4602
- Email: email@example.com
Summary: Dr. Nies is a behavioral nurse scientist with a research focus on community interventions promoting health in vulnerable populations. Her scientific expertise lies in health promotion and intervention research. She has experience working with interdisciplinary research teams and has served on several NIH and CDC grant review study sections.
- Physical Activity Interventions for Vulnerable Populations
- Health Promotion and Obesity Prevention
- Influence of Neighborhood and Environment on Health Outcomes
- Community Based Participatory Research
- Geographic Information System (GIS) and Health
Minimum classes: N/A
Projects: An INBRE fellow may be involved with projects to gather information on rural Latinos’ knowledge, preferences, social media use, solutions, and desired outcomes associated with pre-diabetes and use the information obtained to develop a statewide social media campaign focused on pre-diabetes awareness for Latinos in Idaho. Fellows will learn processes to collect, analyze, and use the information for health promotion research.