- Name: Yaqi You, Ph.D.
- Institution: Idaho State University
- Department: Biological Sciences
- Phone: (208) 282-2948
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.environresearch.net/
Summary: We are interested in understanding responses of microbial communities to emerging contaminants, including pharmaceutics and personal care products (PPCPs), in both natural and engineered systems, as emerging contaminants have profound impacts on the microbiome, the heart of many ecosystems. Our research strategies involve ‘omics’ approaches, coupled with bioinformatics, advanced analytical chemistry, and fundamentals of microbial ecology and environmental health engineering.
Minimum classes: Biochemistry, General Chemistry, Microbiology
- Emergence of new antibiotic resistant pathogens at the human-agroecosystem interface.
- Environmental factors contributing to the antibiotic resistome’s expansion, particularly through horizontal gene transfer.
- Emerging contaminants, water quality, and public health.